Attorney Mark Draper
Mark was born and raised in Virginia. Mark received his degree in economics from the University of Virginia, and after graduating from the Wake Forest School of Law, Mark relocated to Charlotte County, Florida in 1993. Mark is a past-president of the Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity, Inc., and as a former Eagle Scout, Mark has served on the Eagle Scout Review Committee for the Boy Scouts of America. Mark is an avid freshwater and saltwater fisherman in his free time.
Mark has represented clients injured in automobile accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycling accidents, slip and fall accidents, and animal attacks from pre-suit negotiation through and including jury trials. In addition to representing clients through the trial process, Mark has represented clients through the appellate process. Some of Mark’s appellate opinions are published at Ajax Paving Industries, Inc. v. Charlotte County, Florida, a political subdivision, 752 So. 2d 143 (2000); Gray v. Van Arsdale, 93 So. 3d 1042 (2012); and Lovelace v. Pagan, 976 So. 2d 1109 (2007).
The Draper Law Firm
The Draper Law Firm, P.L. was founded in 2007 by Mark A. Draper. Mark began practicing law in Charlotte County and southwest Florida in 1993. Mark’s practice focuses on personal injury, wrongful death, and general civil and commercial litigation in Charlotte County, Florida (Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte) and throughout the state and federal courts of Florida. Mark has been awarded the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2004, the highest rating granted by the nationwide legal directory.
• Chief Justice, Wake Forest University School of Law Moot Court Board
• Best Brief Award, National Moot Court Competition
• B.A., Economics, University of Virginia, 1990
- • Member, The Florida Bar
- • Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- • Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- • Admitted to practice before:
- • U.S. Supreme Court
- • U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- • U.S. Tax Court
- • All state courts in Florida
- • Pro Hac Vice Admissions:
- • U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- • U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- • AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell since 2004
- • Master, Calusa Inn of Court
- • Past President, Charlotte County Bar Association
- • Former Chairman and Member, Twentieth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee